Maimonides Fund (MF) is a private grantmaking organization that funds in North America and Israel.
MF seeks a Grants Manager to join our in-person, New York City-based team. The Grants Manager will provide support in a fast-paced office that will include managing GivingData, the grants management system, and supporting its use by employees and by prospective and current grantees.
• Manage GivingData, the grants management system.
• Support program staff on the operations of the grantmaking process, including developing new uses of GivingData to meet the evolving grantmaking and analysis needs of the team.
• Provide meticulous data entry and data coding services for grant information and supporting documentation. Prepare grant letters and reports on grantmaking activities.
• Perform technical due diligence and ad hoc research on potential and existing grantees.
• Research, test, and incorporate new technologies to implement ongoing improvements to the grants management system.
• Provide support and technical assistance to prospective and current grantees, including supporting them as they shift to a recently-launched Applicant & Grantee Portal.
• Prepare and conduct trainings on grants management topics for new and existing staff.
• Light bookkeeping, including entering daily transactions into an accounting system, initiating outgoing payments, and ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the books and records.
o Ensuring accounting policies and procedures are followed.
o Entering vendor and invoice details into the accounting system.
o Contacting vendors to obtain additional documentation as required.
o Reconciling payments against budgets.
o Initiating payments for approval by supervisor.
o Organizing and filing invoices and supporting documentation.
• 3+ years’ experience in an analogous role that requires high attention to detail.
• Discretion and humility when dealing with sensitive materials and confidential information.
• Flexibility, adaptability, curiosity, and integrity.
• Interpersonal skills necessary to develop cooperative working relationships with supervisory personnel, co-workers, grant applicants and grantees, and vendors.
• Ability to work in an in-person office (currently 4 days in-person, 1 day work-from-home) with a dynamic culture focused on rigor and excellence.
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Experience with grants management systems or other databases or CRM systems, or ability to learn new technologies quickly and easily.
• Excellent time & project management skills.
• Proven ability to take direction, but also to work with minimal direct supervision and manage multiple projects, while being a committed team player.
• An orientation toward self-starting, proactive anticipation of team needs and creative problem solving.
• Experience with designing and implementing processes.
• Familiarity with nonprofit and philanthropic sectors is an advantage.
To apply, please send a resume to email@example.com. Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis. We will consider each response carefully, but we will contact only those individual candidates we seek to pursue.
This is a full-time position, working from our Manhattan-based office, with an expected salary range of $75,000-$100,000, with full benefits and the possibility to participate in a bonus program.
Maimonides Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive work environment and seeks a diverse pool of candidates for this search.