Maimonides Fund (MF) is a private grantmaking organization that funds in North America and Israel. We aim to connect Jews to their people and their heritage, and to contribute to the vitality of the State of Israel.
MF’s U.S. Media and Communications portfolio employs grantmaking and other strategies that empower media organizations and creators to engage, educate, and inform audiences with high-quality, nuanced, and diverse Jewish stories and ideas. The Program Associate will work closely with the Program Officer overseeing the portfolio to support MF’s work in this space.
• Support grant management, including analyzing proposals, performing due diligence, assessing grantee progress and media outputs, reviewing budgets and financial statements, and making site visits;
• Read, watch, listen to, and offer critical and constructive feedback on media content;
• Prepare research memos, policy papers, and analyses of potential and current Fund partners;
• Contribute to crafting MF’s internal and external communications;
• Work with the Program Officer in developing and executing new strategies for the portfolio, and in planning and executing MF-sponsored programs and events;
• Stay informed about and develop expertise in current trends/issues in media, marketing, and strategic communications;
• Represent Maimonides Fund within the nonprofit and philanthropic communities, including at local and national site visits, conferences, and events;
• Bring your particular skill set and passions to a small and dedicated staff;
• Receive top-notch training and insight into key matters in philanthropy and Jewish communal life;
• Challenge yourself in helping to bring about positive change in MF’s areas of interest;
• Be part of a supportive, collaborative, and high-functioning team of professionals.
• 1-3 years of experience in media or a related field (e.g., film, TV, digital video, podcasting, journalism, publishing, social media, marketing, PR) and/or equivalent experience in the non-profit or philanthropic space;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proficiency with common social media platforms;
• Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytic skills, including competency in reviewing and preparing Excel spreadsheets;
• Sound professional judgment, objectivity, tact, and humility;
• High emotional intelligence and the ability to exercise discretion in difficult or confidential situations.
• Flexible, creative, and adaptable to shifting priorities in a fast-paced, evolving organization;
• Capable of distilling complex information to form opinions, develop recommendations, and navigate implementation;
• Willing to take guidance from others and work with colleagues in furtherance of MF’s objectives;
• Excited to take on new challenges, learn, and grow;
• Willing to travel nationally and internationally;
• Eager to support both Jewish and Israel engagement in profoundly meaningful ways;
• Passionate about making a difference in and for diverse expressions of Jewish experiences.
This is a full-time position, currently 4 days in-person in our Manhattan office and 1 day remote, with a salary range of $55,000-$85,000, with full benefits and the possibility to participate in a bonus program. Reasonable relocation expenses may be available to exceptional applicants.
To apply, please send a resume and a recent writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis.
Maimonides Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive work environment and seeks a diverse pool of candidates for this search.