Maimonides Fund is a private grantmaking organization that funds in North America and Israel. Maimonides Fund aims to connect Jews to their people and their heritage, and to contribute to the vitality of the State of Israel.
The Program Associate will work closely with Maimonides Fund’s two Senior Program Officers in supporting grantmaking and other Fund strategies in Jewish Life & Learning, Israel Engagement, and Combating Antisemitism.
- Support grant management, including updating database and performing due diligence, site visits, progress assessment, and evaluation of current and potential Fund partners
- Review budgets and financial statements and prepare research memos, proposal analyses, and policy papers in areas of program interest
- Work alongside the Senior Program Officers in developing and executing new grantmaking strategies and in planning and executing Maimonides Fund-sponsored programs and events.
- Stay informed of, and develop expertise in, current trends/issues in Jewish and Israel education, among other issue areas
- Represent Maimonides Fund within the nonprofit and philanthropic communities, including local and national site visits, conferences, and events
- Bring your particular skill set and passions to a small and dedicated staff
- Receive top-notch training and insight into key matters on the Jewish communal agenda and in Jewish philanthropy
- Challenge yourself in helping to bring about positive change in the Fund’s areas of interest
- Up to 3 years of experience in Jewish/pro-Israel nonprofit work (or equivalent)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with ability to present ideas in a variety of formats
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytic and financial skills, including competency in reviewing and preparing Excel spreadsheets and familiarity with theoretical and data-driven research and analysis
- Sound professional judgment, objectivity, tact, and humility
- High emotional intelligence and the ability to exercise discretion in difficult or confidential situations
- Flexible, creative, and adaptable to shifting priorities in a fast-paced, evolving organization
- Capable of distilling complex information to form opinions, develop recommendations, and navigate implementation
- Willing to take guidance from others and work with multiple colleagues in furtherance of the Fund’s objectives
- Excited to take on new challenges, learn, and grow
- Willing to travel nationally and internationally
- Eager to support both Jewish and Israel engagement in profoundly meaningful ways
- Passionate about making a difference in and for diverse expressions of the North American Jewish experience
This is a full-time position, working from our Manhattan-based office, with a salary range of $55,000-$80,000, with full benefits and the possibility to participate in a bonus program. Reasonable relocation expenses may be available to exceptional applicants.
To apply, please send a resume and a recent writing sample to email@example.com. Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis.
Maimonides Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive work environment and seeks a diverse pool of candidates for this search.