Maimonides Fund (MF) is a private grantmaking organization that funds in North America and Israel. SAPIR Institute, which is a project of MF and is connected to the quarterly journal SAPIR: Ideas for a Thriving Jewish Future, catalyzes ideas through constructive dialogue, practical thought leadership, and impactful convenings for a thriving Jewish future.
SAPIR Institute seeks a Program Manager to join its New York City-based team. The Program Manager will be responsible for conceptualizing, developing, and executing high-quality events and programs of various size, duration, and complexity that support the mission of SAPIR Institute. This role will also require a blend of entrepreneurial instincts, strategic vision, and extensive networks. The Program Manager will report to the Director of SAPIR Institute.
• In coordination with the Director of SAPIR Institute, generate and implement creative ideas and ambitious projects that contribute to the defining features and aspirations of SAPIR including: respect for different viewpoints and for civil and intelligent debate; a commitment to fostering productive dialogue; and a passion for jumpstarting pragmatic change-making solutions in Jewish life.
• Lead the planning and execution of high-level in-person and virtual programs, ranging from small office gatherings and evening salons to multi-day convenings and retreats, in furtherance of the SAPIR Institute’s mission.
• Oversee all aspects of event coordination, including invitations, registrations, communications, and materials.
• Coordinate with vendors and venues, and manage contracts, budgets, and expenses effectively.
• Gather and analyze post-event feedback and evaluations to drive continual improvement.
• Provide onsite support during events, addressing attendee concerns, and overseeing logistical and operational staff.
• Uphold high standards of quality and professionalism in all aspects of event planning and execution.
• Keep up to date with industry trends and best practices to continuously improve program quality and effectiveness.
• Support the Director of SAPIR Institute with ad hoc projects.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• 8+ years of designing and managing events and programs.
• Working knowledge of, and extensive network of relationships within and beyond, the organized Jewish community.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills necessary to develop cooperative and collegial working relationships with supervisory personnel, co-workers, invitees, program participants, vendors, speakers, and the general public.
• Proven capability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, ensuring the delivery of high-quality programs in public and private settings.
• Exceptional organizational skills, with a strong ability to multi-task, prioritize and adhere to deadlines, while maintaining an extreme attention to detail.
• Ability to travel and work flexible hours, including evening and weekends, as required by the job demands.
• Passionate about creating a thriving Jewish future in North America, Israel and beyond.
• A results-oriented self-starter and problem solver, capable of working both independently and collaboratively with a team.
• Emotionally intelligent, with the ability to exercise discretion and tact in difficult or confidential situations with a wide range of constituencies, including high-level and influential figures.
• Kind, courteous, and respectful in all interactions.
• Projecting a positive, professional image at all times.
This is a full-time position, currently 4 days in person in our Manhattan office and 1 day remote, with a salary range of $120,000 – $140,000, competitive benefits package, and the possibility to participate in a bonus program. Reasonable relocation expenses may be available to exceptional applicants.
To apply, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis. We will consider each response carefully, but we will contact only those individual candidates we seek to pursue.
Maimonides Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive work environment and welcomes a diverse pool of candidates for this search.